Georgia Taxpayers United surveyed each of the candidates for the January 7th, 2014 special election to fill vacancies in State House Districts 2 and 22. We ask candidates to give us a straight answer, “yes” or “no,” on issues that are important to our supporters.
- Will you support legislation that will effectively nullify Obamacare in Georgia by authorizing State and local law enforcement to arrest federal officials attempting to implement Obamacare within the State of Georgia and by providing legal recourse to Georgia citizens adversely affected by Obamacare?
- Will you support legislation to repeal the hospital bed tax and oppose all efforts to give revenue (taxing) authority to unelected bureaucrats?
- Will you support legislation to completely repeal the state income tax in Georgia including any and all State taxes on dividends and interest?
- Will you support legislation, including any necessary constitutional amendment(s), to completely repeal all property taxes in Georgia?
- Will you support legislation, including any necessary constitutional amendment(s), to repeal all ad valorem taxes on automobiles, the prepaid motor fuel tax, and the motor fuel excise tax?
- Will you support legislation to completely repeal the Transportation Investment Act and to abolish the 12 regional commissions?
- Will you support legislation to completely repeal Georgia’s Internet tax scheme?
Key: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Did not answer
|State House||2||R||Neal Florence||La Fayette||–|
|State House||2||R||Steve Tarvin||Chickamauga||9-Dec-2013|
|State House||2||R||Doug Woodruff||Ringgold||–|
|State House||22||R||Meagan Biello||Canton||3-Jan-2014|
|State House||22||R||Nate Cochran||Canton||2-Jan-2014|
|State House||22||R||Jeff Duncan||Ball Ground||–|
|State House||22||R||Sam Moore||Ball Ground||27-Nov-2013|